Banana bread can be a health bomb or a health boost, depending on where you obtain it. Many bakeries and packaged bread are heavy in calories, sugar, and fat. However, as firms and bakers become increasingly conscious of the desire for a lighter, more nutritious banana loaf, the number of possibilities for healthier breads is growing. Making your bread at home is the best method to keep track of the ingredients and enjoy a nutritious, delicious loaf on a daily basis.
Banana bread is one of those items that you can eat for the rest of your life, even if you ate it for the first year of the pandemic. It's sweet but not overly so, and it goes well with coffee. It's rich and hearty, and it's the epitome of comfort food. And, hey, it uses up those bananas that are on the verge of going bad.
Get the complete recipe below, and visit her website for additional healthy dessert ideas. Before you get started, make a double batch because these are freezer-friendly. "Allow the cookies to cool completely before placing them on a baking sheet to freeze solid. After that, you can put them in a bag or an airtight container and store them for a month or two, "Jawad explains.
Banana Bread Ingredients- Benefits
Rather than breads prepared with refined white flours, buy or make whole-grain banana bread. Due to the removal of the bran and germ layers, refined flours have little nutritional value, resulting in vitamin, mineral, and fiber losses. Whole-grain flours, on the other hand, are a source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B-6 and magnesium, for energy synthesis because they preserve all layers of the grain. Fiber is also present in whole-grain banana bread, which assists digestion and increases satiety.
Bananas are the show-stopper in banana bread, giving it a naturally sweet flavor and scent. Carbohydrates, a vital component utilized as fuel for mental and physical processes, are found in the yellow fruits. Bananas, according to registered dietitian and nutritionist Megan Ware of "Medical News Today," may help to cut cancer risk, control blood pressure, and improve digestive health. Vitamins, such as vitamins A and C, minerals, potassium, and dietary fiber contribute to this.
Although banana bread is strong in carbohydrates, with the right ingredients, it can be a source of protein. Protein is a nutrient that is required for muscle growth, repair, and recovery. It also helps to keep blood sugar levels stable by satisfying a ravenous appetite and preventing you from devouring the entire loaf of bread. One 60-gram slice of banana bread can provide roughly 3 grams of protein, according to the USDA National Nutrient Database.
With ingredients like almonds and olive oil, banana bread provides healthy monounsaturated fats. Teresa Cutter of The Good Chef claims that healthy fats aid in decreasing cholesterol while also stabilizing blood sugar levels. Cutter makes a nutritionally dense, delectable banana bread using 2 cups of almond meal, 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds, and 1/4 cup olive oil. For breakfast, top a slice with a poached egg, or for an afternoon snack, a tablespoon of peanut butter.
Banana Bread Recipes By Using Healthy Banana Bread Ingredients
For almost a decade, this banana bread has been the most popular dish on Simply Recipes. Every day, thousands of people do it. Why?
Because it is, without a doubt, the best banana bread recipe ever, everything can be mixed in one bowl, and the amount of sugar or bananas can be changed. And what's the secret to its incredible flavor? Butter that has melted.
The beauty of this banana bread recipe is that it doesn't necessitate the use of a sophisticated mixer. All you'll need is a mixing bowl, a fork to whisk the eggs, and a strong spoon to stir the batter. Of course, the amount of sugar used is up to you. Although the original recipe called for a cup of white sugar, most people, including myself, prefer 3/4 cup, and many others prefer 1/2 cup.
If desired, stir in a cup of chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips, or bake the dough in muffin pans for banana nut muffins. You can even bake chocolate banana bread if you want to take it a step further.
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING)
- 220 CALORIES
- 7g FAT
- 37g CARBS
- 3g PROTEIN
TIME TO MAKE: 10 minutes
TIME TO COOK: 55 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 65 minutes
VALUE FOR MONEY: 8–10 Servings
YIELD: 1 loaf of bread
This recipe does not require the use of a mixer. It's also simple to clean up because you can combine everything in one mixing dish.
Overripe bananas are ideal to use in banana bread. The bananas inside should be soft and browning, while the yellow skins should be at least half roasted.
For this dish, an 8 x 4-inch pan is recommended. It can also be baked in a 9 x 5-inch baking pan, but the loaves will rise less.
The amount of baking soda in this recipe has been lowered from 1 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon. After testing, we discovered that bread produced with less baking soda had a slightly higher and more constant rise, a lovely dome, and a soft crust, while the flavor and texture remained unchanged. Having said that, if you've been baking this bread with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and are pleased with the results, go ahead and do so!
Banana Bread Ingredients
- 2 to 3 medium (about 7" to 7-7/8" in length) peeled and highly ripe bananas (approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup (76g) unsalted or salted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (150g) (1/2 cup if you want it less sweet, 1 cup if you want it sweeter)
- 1 big beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 quarts (205g) flour (all-purpose)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and butter a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork in a mixing basin until fully smooth. In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas and the melted butter.
- Combine the baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Combine the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan that has been prepared. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake for 50 to 1 hour, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. A few dry crumbs are acceptable; wet batter streaks are not. If the exterior of the loaf is browned, but the middle is still damp, loosely tent the loaf with foil and bake until thoroughly done.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes in the pan. The banana bread should then be removed from the pan and cool completely before serving. Next, cut into slices and serve. (Using a bread knife makes it easier to cut pieces that aren't crumbly.)
- The banana bread will keep at room temperature for 4 days if carefully wrapped. Refrigerate or freeze the bread for up to 5 days of storage.
So yeah that was a short post for you, hope you can now be able to understand the cooking process and benefits of different banana bread ingredients.
Try our More Recipes: