It's strange how things we were previously mocked over become "cool" again. Like today we are talking about Birkenstock Arizona EVA Sandal.
Us, the Gen-Z, have been seeing Birkenstocks since middle school (around the early 2000s) when they were deemed unfashionable by everyone except my summer camp pals.
Birkenstocks, thankfully, have seen a rebirth since then.
Let’s Get to Know Birkenstock Arizona EVA More…
Birkenstock is one of the world's top five footwear brands and one of the most well-known German companies. With over two and a half centuries of expertise, they truly know what they're doing when it comes to creating the greatest footwear. We owe them a great deal, including the development of the footbed. We would never have experienced such ease if it weren't for their anatomical design, which is employed by many footwear makers. Birkenstock takes pride in its "great comfort, high utility, and remarkable craftsmanship," which we wholeheartedly agree with.
Their best-selling Birkenstock Arizona EVA Sandals are here and don't worry, we have them!
It's difficult to go a day without seeing someone wearing a pair of the brand's iconic two-strap Arizona sandals. This is the pair that first introduced me to Birkenstocks, and it's the same model I still wear now.
One of my favorite features of the Birkenstock Eva is that it has grooves specifically constructed into the shoes that conform to your foot. Because your shoes are custom-made for you, you will benefit from additional support and relaxation.
The History of Birkenstock
Birkenstock's origins may be traced all the way back to 1774 in the German town of Lange-Bergheim. There, founder Johann Adam Birkenstock worked as a shoemaker and was identified as a "subject and cobbler" in church documents.
Konrad Birkenstock began manufacturing and marketing flexible footbed insoles in 1896, marking the next major milestone in the company's history. Shortly after, around the turn of the century, he produced the first contoured arch support, and the footbed as we know it today began to take shape.
Birkenstock's prosperity become aided through those improvements, which caused the status quo of a brand new facility in Friedberg. The shoes eventually gained popularity among health professionals, and Carl Birkenstock's training courses were even taught by physicians.
How Does Birkenstock Arizona EVA Compare to Other Models on the Market?
EVA stands for "ethylene vinyl acetate," a superlight polymer that is a cross between foam and rubber. The sandals are incredibly flexible and cushioned, as well as entirely waterproof, making them ideal for poolside usage and summer travel. They're also available in a rainbow of hues.
So, without a question, it's a smart investment and one of the most popular sandals I sell these days.
The EVA collection includes a couple of Birkenstock's traditional models, but the women's and men's Arizona two-strap slide ($45) is by far the best and most popular.
Like the leather pairs, all of the EVA designs include Birkenstock's characteristic sculpted footbed. A deep heel cup, longitudinal and transverse arch support, and a soft toe grip are all features of these sandals. They still adapt to your feet properly with time, but not as well as the leather footbeds.
Product Details, Design Features, and Styling of the Newest Birkenstocks on Market
Without further ado, let’s dive right into Birkenstock Arizona Eva, and see what's the hype about!
- Footbed: The central feature of the Birkenstock Arizona Eva is the footbed. The section of the shoe where the foot sits is called the instep. Birkenstock is credited with coining the phrase and developing an ergonomically designed shoe. The cork and latex core is sandwiched between two layers of jute and a suede lining.
- Soft Footbed: Birkenstock offers two distinct footbeds for its various shoe styles. All four layers of the original footbed are included in the soft-footbed, plus an additional layer of foam cushioning immediately beneath the suede lining.
- Cork: The midsole is made of natural cork, which provides support and comfort while also conforming to the wearer's foot.
Birkenstock also provides seasonal footwear with a warm shearling lining produced from sheep shearling wool, in addition to footbed alternatives.
- EVA: EVA stands for 'Ethylene Vinyl Acetate,' which is a lightweight, moldable, and water-resistant material. Birkenstock offers a line of EVA-based traditional shoes that are perfect for the beach or pool.
- The Water Friendly Approach: These are made of waterproof materials and are ideal for taking on vacation. Wear them to the pool, the beach, or a shopping trip; the choices are unlimited. When you spill a drink or smear some sunscreen on them, they're incredibly easy to wipe clean!
Two straps with two buckles adorn the top. Unlike most other classic Birkenstocks, these buckles are not made of metal. So, because of the EVA structure and the plastic buckles, you may wear them in the water and they will dry quickly.
It's fantastic that they're waterproof, but do they squeak when you walk? Yes!! If you want to wear these wet, just embrace the squeaky noise.
- The size that Matters: Most people's feet can be accommodated by Birkenstock's "regular" and "narrow" widths. The sandals' two adjustable straps make the "regular" width suitable for broad feet as well. Because the brand employs European sizing, a size 38 women's shoe should suit shoe sizes 7 to 7.5 in the United States.
However, if you've worn Birkenstocks previously, the size issue won't be an issue. Arizonas are quite accurate in terms of size.
- Styling Birkenstock Arizona EVA: Obviously, these Birkenstocks aren't the prettiest or most expensive footwear. They're not something you'd wear to a sophisticated meal out, and they're certainly not something you'd wear to the club. However, they are really comfy, and they go with a wide range of outfits, which most people consider to be extremely important in a sandal. We love it when these sandals look wonderful with dresses and skirts, especially since those are items that you can wear all summer long. So, having a shoe that works nicely with a dress that may be a little more formal if worn with heels, we think it's a great approach to make something more summer-friendly. One of the reasons this white pair is so popular is because of this.
Here's a fashion suggestion for the Birkenstock Arizona Eva. They go well with light denim and all of my summer clothes. Then, of course, you can pair them with just a pair of denim shorts.
You can wear the Arizona on a camping vacation, at the beach, or walk your dog around the block because they're so comfy for all of those activities. You may also just put on a prettier day dress for the summers and still look attractive and trendy, giving you the confidence to share your images on Instagram.
How Do Keep Birkenstock Arizona EVA Clean as New?
It's a lot easier to take care of my Birkenstocks than it is to take care of your other shoes. You can clean and preserve your Birkenstocks in a few simple steps.
Avoiding severe heat is one of the simplest methods to safeguard your Birkenstocks. Make sure you don't leave your Birkenstocks in the car. To dry, keep them away from a fire or a heater. Allow your shoes to air dry away from direct heat if they become wet.
To guarantee longevity, you must carefully maintain the uppers and footbeds of your Birkenstocks in addition to avoiding high heat.
It's not difficult to clean the upper half of a Birkenstock. To remove debris, just wipe it away with a moist cloth, and for difficult stains, use soap and water.
The footbed is the most important portion. Underfoot, no one wants it sweaty, or black smudges.
You can clean your Birkenstock Arizona Footbed of Eva in this way;
- Wipe any dirt from the footbed with a cloth.
- Combine 3 to 4 ounces of water and a teaspoon of dish soap in a small basin. Stir the mixture well.
- Apply the mixture to the footbed with a toothbrush in a circular motion.
- Do not allow cleaning solution to soak into the insole.
- Clean with a clean, dry cloth.
- Dry the shoes in the open air overnight. Avoid exposing the shoes to direct sunlight or near a heat source.
Finally, it's easy to see why the Birkenstock Arizona Eva is so popular and is offered in 90 countries on six continents. Birkenstock shoes are crafted with high-quality, in-demand materials sourced from sustainable sources, so you know they're the finest of the best.
Which style do you prefer?